We invite you to join us, as a body of believers, in a day of fasting and prayer on Tuesday, January 28, 2020.
You can use the outline below with specific times, prayers and scripture to follow throughout the day. Or feel free to participate in your own way. We simply want to unite on this day- expecting God to move, guide and speak in the life of Youth Conference Ministries.
We are thanking our glorious God for His blessings and seeking wisdom, direction and provision for this wonderful ministry He brought into being many years ago.
The following is a general outline of the day and some of the specific areas in which we desire to follow our Lord’s leading.
Psalm 9:1-3: I will praise You, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will tell of all Your marvelous works. I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to your name O Most High!
7:00 am – 10:00 am
1. Praise our Lord for all His great works; the beauty of His creation, His love for us, the life He has given us.
2. Thank Him for all the blessings He has given us through Son Servants, Fun in the Son and The Great Escape.
3. Thank Him for allowing us to be a small part of sharing His love through these ministries.
Psalm 31:3: For You are my rock and my fortress; therefore, for your name’s sake, lead me and guide me.
10:00 am – 1:00 pm
1. Ask for guidance in our everyday lives, with all our encounters with family, friends and others.
2. Pray for His guidance and direction for Son Servants, Fun in The Son, The Great Escape, our leaders, Board members, volunteers and all who support the ministry through prayer and action.
3. Pray that the youth and the leaders who will be attending our events this summer will be blessed and be a blessing to others as they experience and share the love of Christ.
Matthew 22:37-39: ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind; this is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
1. Pray that all involved in these ministries will first obey the commandments of our Lord and endeavor to humbly listen to the Spirit’s direction.
2. Thank the Lord for His amazing incarnation and showing us the living example of the fulfillment of living a life as His children.
3. Ask for a deep understanding of loving Him with all our being, and knowing who is our neighbor.
Matthew 28: 19,20: Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you, and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the age. Amen.
4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
1. Ask for boldness, gentleness and humility as He brings opportunities into our lives to share His love and witness in loving deeds and words to those who do not know Him.
2. Pray for the Spirit to live in us daily, that others may see Christ in us.
3. Help us to live our lives as ‘ambassadors’ for Christ pointing towards His grace, mercy and love. (2 Cor. 5:20)
Some examples of fasting in the Scriptures:
Esther 4: 16-17, Joel 1: 8, Nehemiah 1: 4-11, Jonah 3: 5-10,
Matthew 6: 16-18, Matthew 17: 14-20, Luke 2: 36-38