DID YOU HEAR? Fun In The Son South Padre is NOW Fun In The Son Gulf Coast! We’re taking FITS up the coast to Galveston Island, TX from July 8-12th and we are so excited about this new adventure! Everything you know and love about Fun In The Son will be there along with more! We’ll spend a week exploring a new island, seeing old friends, and diving deeper into our faith. This week is unique because we will also spend a day serving in the Galveston community! Are you up for a new experience? Give the YCM office a call to see how you can get your group one free registration! Sign up today!
Arrival and Departure
The conference begins MONDAY afternoon with registration and is over Thursday night. Housing is provided Thursday night however, no breakfast will be served Friday morning. Everyone is staying at the Tremont House. All rooms have 2 queen sized beds. Please know that we do try to maximize room space in order to keep trip costs low for your students. In rare cases, a person may be asked to sleep on a pull out bed.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner are all provided as part of your conference cost, with the exception of one night “out” with your group. We will feed you beginning with dinner on Monday night and your last meal will be dinner on Thursday. On Wednesday night, you and your group are free to go out to dinner somewhere on the island together (you will be responsible for costs).
- The mornings will include an option for early worship, breakfast, corporate worship and R & R (Reflect and Respond).
- After lunch you’ll have time to be with your kids – on the beach or exploring the island. A variety of recreation activities and tournaments will be organized for some afternoons.
- The evening schedule will include dinner, the evening session, family time (with your church family), and finally lights out. A more concrete schedule is in your conference handbook.
What else do I need to know?
- There should be one adult for every six youth you bring. There should be male counselors for male campers and female counselors for female campers.
- Each student coming to Galveston will need to complete a YCM 2019 Medical Release Form. Please bring two copies of each medical form with you – one for you to hang on to and one to turn in to our staff when you register Sunday evening.
- Fun in the Son Gulf Coast is unique because it has a Son Servants Day scheduled for Wednesday during camp. We will be putting our faith into action by serving the Galveston community.
- You can learn more about Galveston Island at www.galveston.com . And check out the INCREDIBLE place at which we are staying and playing –The Tremont House
In addition to cool, casual clothes, there are a few specifics things you’ll want to have with you:
- Everyone in your group should bring towels for both bathing and the beach (these will not be provided by the hotels).
- Everyone needs closed toed shoes, t-shirt (no tank tops, please), work gloves and clothing that can get dirty for our serving day.
- You’ll need all your beach gear: sandals, modest swim suits, sunscreen, frisbees, etc.
- Don’t forget a Bible, pen, and notebook.
- You might want a sweatshirt or long-sleeve shirt for the big group meetings as the meeting rooms are usually cold!
- Important: Please make sure your group has one sleeping bag and extra pillow for every fifth person in the group.
- Finally, you will want to bring spending money for snacks, Fun in the Son t-shirts, CDs, books and other items available to purchase.