Introducing our new camp: The Great escape smokies!
The Great Escape: Smokies 2023 will be held at Adventure Ocoee in Ocoee, TN. Located in east Tennessee, Adventure Ocoee is situated in the Blue Ridge Mountains, providing amazing scenery no matter where you look. Activities include a wave pool, lazy river, zip line, paintball, and so much more! TGE Smokies is a middle school only camp.
Arrival and Departure
Smokies begins after 2:00 Friday afternoon with registration and is over late Tuesday night following the final evening program. Housing is provided Tuesday night, however, no breakfast will be served Wednesday morning and you should plan to depart by 9:00 AM.
All students and counselors will be housed in one of Adventure Ocoee’s air-conditioned lodges or bunkhouses. You will need to bring towels, linens/sleeping bags, and a pillow with you. It is important that we maximize space in every room in order to keep costs as low as possible. Because housing depends on the camps final numbers (which are not final until days before camp starts), we will not know your specific rooming arrangements until you arrive at The Great Escape. Food: Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are all provided in the dining hall as part of your conference cost.
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are all provided as part of your conference cost. We will feed you beginning with dinner on Friday night and your last meal will be dinner on Tuesday.
* Actual camp schedules are tentative and details may vary.
- Mornings include breakfast, quiet times, and recreation.
- Afternoons include lunch, recreation, free time, small groups and an afternoon session!
- Evenings include dinner, evening sessions, counselor meetings, and aftermaths.
RANDOM DETAILS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- There should be one adult for every six youth you bring (1:6). There should be male counselors for male campers and female counselors for female campers.
- Each student coming to TGE Smokies will need to complete a 2023 YCM Medical & Media Release form. Leaders, please bring two copies of each medical form with you – one for you to hang onto & one to turn in to our staff when you register.
- Each student and leader must complete an Adventure Ocoee Waiver. Please bring the signed waivers to camp.