The unique aspect of TGE Rockies is the setting. Western State College is nestled in the Gunnison Valley about 4 hours south-west of Denver. TGE Rockies takes advantage of the beautiful Rocky Mountains. Your groups can go rafting on the Taylor River (form downloads at bottom of this page), take a chair lift ride to the continental divide, go boating at Blue Mesa Reservoir or go shopping in Crested Butte. Not to mention that there is hiking within walking distance from campus. Add on top of that great teaching, outstanding worship, small group and family time where you can dig deeper with your group. The TGE Rockies Team is available to tailor your TGE Rockies experience to your group’s individual needs.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
TGE Rockies will begin on Sunday afternoon with registration and is over late Thursday night following the final evening program. Housing is provided Thursday night, however, no breakfast will be served Friday morning and you should plan to depart by 8:00 AM.
All student and counselors will be housed in dorm rooms at Western State College. You’ll need to plan on bringing a few air-mattresses as some youth may need to sleep on the floor. Please know that it is important that we maximize space in every room in order to keep costs as low as possible. We will not know your specific rooming arrangements until you arrive at The Great Escape.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner are all provided as part of your conference cost. We will feed you beginning with dinner on Sunday night and your last meal will be dinner on Thursday.
* Actual camp schedules are tentative and details may vary.
- Mornings include breakfast, a family group mixer, quiet times, a morning session and worship.
- Afternoons include lunch, recreation, free time, and tournaments!
- Evenings include dinner, evening sessions, aftermaths, counselor meetings, family time, and lights out
RANDOM DETAILS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- There should be one adult for every six youth you bring (1:6). There should be male counselors for male campers and female counselors for female campers.
- Each student coming to TGE Rockies will need to complete a 2019 YCM Medical Release Form Leaders, please bring two copies of each medical form with you – one for you to hang onto & one to turn in to our staff when you register.
- You can learn more about the school and local area by visiting www.gunnison-co.com and www.western.edu.