ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
Southwind 1 begins 4:30 Saturday afternoon with registration and is over late Tuesday night following the final evening program. Housing is provided Tuesday night, however, no breakfast will be served Wednesday morning and you should plan to depart by 8:00 AM.
All student and counselors will be in one of Southwind’s air-conditioned dormitories or cabins (for more information go to http://southwind.younglife.org). You’ll need to plan on bringing an air-mattresses (with linens or sleeping bags) for every fourth person as some youth may need to sleep on the floor. It is important that we maximize space in every room in order to keep costs as low as possible. Because housing depends on the camps final numbers (which are not final until days before camp starts), we will not know your specific rooming arrangements until you arrive at The Great Escape. Food: Breakfast, lunch and dinner are all provided in the dining hall as part of your conference cost.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner are all provided as part of your conference cost. We will feed you beginning with dinner on Monday night and your last meal will be dinner on Thursday.
* Actual camp schedules are tentative and details may vary.
- Mornings include breakfast, quiet times, and recreation.
- Afternoons include lunch, recreation, free time, small groups and an afternoon session!
- Evenings include dinner, evening sessions, counselor meetings, and aftermaths.
RANDOM DETAILS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- There should be one adult for every six youth you bring (1:6). There should be male counselors for male campers and female counselors for female campers.
- Each student coming to TGE Southwind will need to complete a 2021 YCM Medical Release Form
- Leaders, please bring two copies of each medical form with you – one for you to hang onto & one to turn in to our staff when you register.
- If you have special dietary restrictions or requests please click here.