What makes TGE Twin Lakes unique to other TGE events are the activities offered. TGE Twin Lakes is hosted by Twin Lakes Camp and Conference Center, which allows students to participate in all kinds of activities. Swimming, canoeing, kayaking, archery, riflery, and on occasion horseback riding are just a few of the things Twin Lakes offers. Twin Lakes also has a full ropes course and climbing wall! Churches are split into teams and compete through recreation activities all week. Because our activities are a predominant source of fun, our worship and program style is a little simpler than other camps which allows for students and leaders to really build stronger relationships with Christ first and then each other as they go deeper into their faith. TGE Twin Lakes really feels like you are at summer camp.
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE
Groups may begin arriving on Monday afternoon. Departure begins early Saturday morning. Breakfast is not served on Saturday.
The Twin Lakes staff provide Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner on Tuesday through Friday as part of the cost of camp. Dinner Monday night is also included.
All students and leaders will be housed in twelve-person cabins. Depending on the number of campers, smaller churches may room together.
- Mornings include quiet time, leader coffee time, a brief message with worship, and various camp activities.
- Afternoons include “Flat on Back” (mandatory 30 minute nap time), tournaments and camp activities.
- Evenings include “Shenanigans” (work-crew led games), leader meeting & prayer time, big message and worship, Family Time, and “Aftermath” (night rec or tournaments).
- There should be at least one adult for every eight youth you bring (1:8). There should be male counselors for male campers and female counselors for female campers.
- Each student coming to TGE Twin Lakes will need to complete a 2022 YCM Medical & Media Release form and Twin Lakes Activities Release Form. Leaders, please bring two copies of each medical form with you – one for you to hang onto & one to turn in to our staff when you register.
- You can learm more about Twin Lakes Camp and Conference Center at their website: twinlakescamp.org